Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp desktop pavilion h8-1160cto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro. Although, it is working fine so far, but when i opened the device manager i discovered that under other deivece there are three question marks, located on the top of peripheral bluetooth. (there are three of bluetooth listed under the other device).

in any event, i have uninstalled them, and tried to install them again. But have not been very successful in figuring out how to fix them.  I have spent many hours going through all the possible solutions offered by different sites. But again no success. These bluetooths under detail have no id or explanation as to what is going on with them. Except showing that they are working fine.  I have tried to use update button in device manager, but it says windows found update but is unable to download.....

Also the box containg bluetooth under notification shows that bluetooth is not connected, and have tried via setting to reconnect it, but to no avail.

Any help or suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again folks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your PC have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wifi adapter.

You may have to install the W10 bluetooth driver for the model wifi adapter your PC has, if one is available.

If there is no name or model number displayed and it just gives something like HP b/g/n, please post the hardware ID for the wifi adapter.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Thank you for such a quick response. Appreciate it greatly.

The link that you have provided,  would work just fine,  if one is able to identify the id of the version of the device. But unfortunately there are no details under the property of the bluethoot listed under my other device.  There is no version, or the name of the listed device. So it is very hard to find out what to search for?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry for the confusion...

I need the hardware ID from the wireless network adapter, not the missing bluetooth peripheral device.

HP Recommended

I thank you again for you assistance. OKay, here it is:

Broadcom WLAN Adapter:

Driver Version: 5.60.350.6

Driver ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&REV_01

And on the bottom of the windows under this iD, it states

"Require further instalation."

Greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there are no W10 drivers available for the model wifi/bluetooth adapter your PC has.

You could try the W8 HP bluetooth driver from your PC's support page and hope that it works, but I don't think it will.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59335.exe

HP Recommended

Paul:

I sincereley thank you for all your effort. But unfortunately the download link aborts after recocnizing that my OS is windows 10 Pro. In any event i suppose i have to live with it. Since there are no solutions.

I actually found a site which offered the download, for $9.99. But my virus protection blocked it, indicating that the site was full of trojans and other deadly viruses. So .....

I ran msinfo.32 in the meantime and i did not find any conflict or problem hardware listed.

So thanks again for your assistance.

Respectfully, 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you get those devices installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.