Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I was given a HP Wireless Keyboard model KBRF57711 without a UBS receiving unit.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement receiving unit that can be matched to this keyboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @nisenson

Thanks for understanding!

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumbs up" to give me "Kudos".

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @nisenson - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that you did not get the USB dongle for your wireless keyboard. I am afraid that this is not a replaceable part 😞

Both the mouse and USB receiver is hardcoded to talk only to each other. This has been done because, when used in large groups, could confuse each other. Hence one HP mouse / keyboard will only talk to one USB receiver.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

HI, Thanks for responding to my question.

I understand the reason but it is sad that a perfectly good keyboard is now toast.

HP Recommended

Hello, @nisenson

Thanks for understanding!

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumbs up" to give me "Kudos".

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I agree... I had a $1700 media computer and never used the keyboard.    I have always gotten HPs with the hopes that their technology would allow for problems such as this.    Buying a new keyboard just because the dongle is missing is sad.  

I was hoping for a UNIVERSAL dongle as I've seen them advertised on the internet but I am not sure how this would recognize my HP media center keyboard.   

Such a waste of money.    That's the problem in today's times.. too much "disposable" stuff and no one seems to care.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.