Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion All-in-One 24-xa0xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

I am currently using the mouse that comes with the HP Pavillion All-in-One 24-xa0xxx. Whenever I scroll, it sometimes scrolls in the opposite direction. Sometimes it only scrolls in the opposite direction a bit, other times a lot. For example, whenever I scroll up, it sometimes scrolls down and vice-versa.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@TheJoke -- be sure to not accidentally touch the scroll-wheel on your mouse.

If you click that wheel to a "down" position, then moving the mouse up/down will cause Windows to scroll the current window. Click the wheel to the "up" position, to cancel this "smooth scrolling" feature of Windows.

HP Recommended

I'm not accidentally touching the scroll wheel, it just scrolls in the opposite direction without me moving the wheel in that direction.

HP Recommended

Hello @TheJoke 
pending the return of @itsmyname 
you can check, if it is the mouse, or the computer?
1 test if possible the mouse, with another computer
2 test another mouse with your computer

is the problem with one application in particular, several?
I doubt, but check, change the batteries if not already replaced

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@TheJoke -- I'm not accidentally touching the scroll wheel, it just scrolls in the opposite direction without me moving the wheel in that direction.

Once you have "clicked-to-lock-it-down" on the mouse-wheel, then simply MOVING the physical mouse up/down a little bit will cause a little bit of scrolling, while moving the physical mouse a large amount up/down will cause a large amount of scrolling, as you have observed.

This is a feature of the mouse-support within Windows. It is not a hardware problem with your mouse.

Within the "mouse settings" app, you can enable/disable this feature.

HP Recommended

Hello
here, I scroll down, then up, with wheel, it does what I want, then with wheel in locked position
for me, if it doesn't go like this: you have to test another mouse

défile mouse.gif

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@TheJoke  / @Prométhée -- once you have clicked-down on the mouse-wheel, just physically move the mouse. Do not touch the scroll-wheel. The physical movement of the mouse causes the window to scroll.

The more that you move the mouse, the larger will be the amount of the scrolling.

Click-down on the mouse-wheel to unlock it, which disables this "smooth scrolling" feature.

There is no hardware problem with your current mouse. Any mouse with a "click-lock" mouse-wheel can use this smooth-scrolling feature.

HP Recommended

@TheJoke wrote:

I am currently using the mouse that comes with the HP Pavillion All-in-One 24-xa0xxx. Whenever I scroll, it sometimes scrolls in the opposite direction. Sometimes it only scrolls in the opposite direction a bit, other times a lot. For example, whenever I scroll up, it sometimes scrolls down and vice-versa.

Except that I show that it must not do this @itsmyname 

that doesn't do that to me
do you understand ?? 

if the user, can try another mouse, it doesn't cost anything to check

stop your childishness, please

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée --  Except that I show that it must not do this @itsmyname  that doesn't do that to me do you understand ?? if the user, can try another mouse, it doesn't cost anything to check stop your childishness

I told you to NOT touch the mouse-wheel, after you clicked on it, to "lock" it down, but to simply move the WHOLE mouse up-and-down.  But, you said that you WERE rolling the mouse-wheel.  That is something different.

Please exactly follow my instructions, to see for yourself what @TheJoke  is experiencing.

I have given the SOLUTION to @TheJoke  -- please stop your non-helpful postings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.