Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 600 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would Core I7 8700K or Core I7 8700 Processors run on this Mainboard?

Part No.: 795971-601

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 600 G2 model series only supports the Intel Skylake processors (6th gen).

See the quickspecs below for the list of supported processors...the list starts on page 10.

HP ProDesk and ProOne 600 G2 Business PC Series QuickSpecs

HP Recommended

The Quickspecs for this device are maybe 6 years old?
How old is the Core I7 8700K? Was it available at that time?

Specs of the Processor:
Intel Core i7-8700K SR3QR - 6x 3,70GHz -12MB - Socket FCLGA1151

The Mainboard of the Prodesk 600 G2 MT is Socket 1151 also...

bbcreativo_0-1628193491711.png

HP Recommended

It doesn't matter if the 8th gen processors existed at the time, no 7th or 8th gen processor will work in any 600 G2 PC.

No BIOS updates were released to add support for any Intel 7th or 8th gen core processors.

You can check your PC's support page and read all of the BIOS update release notes.  None add support for Intel 7th or 8th gen processors.

That means the specs are just as accurate today as they were when they were written.

Install an 8th gen core processor and find out for yourself if you don't believe the specs.

You won't be happy.

HP Recommended

Why not YOU...

I have no I7 8700K... 👐

It´s not so "special" to refer to years old Specs others wrote... 🤔

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.