Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I had this exact problem with my Z200 when trying to install an 7870, I did however manage to make a small adapter which   allows any standard ATX power supply to be used with the propitory motherboard connector, it swaps the pinouts and contains a small DC-DC convcerter board to raise the standby voltage. I would be happy to make it for a small fee if anyone is interested, contact me at "GeorgeBurgess24" "@" "GMail" ".com"  (remove quotation marks and spaces)

HP Recommended

You should condsider running an auxillary PSU. It is simply a second PSU, wired into the first and thus will turn on simultaneously and supply secondary power to your video card. There are turnkey solutions, or you could just simply tap into the existing PSU yourself. Unless you are comfortable with wiring things up yourself, i recommend the former. Just search the web for "auxillary PSU for PC" and you will find all that you need. I have done this for both the Z200 and z400.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.