Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
SLIMLINE 290-p0067in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know that what type of SSD is supported to my  motherboard or system?

i already tried M.2 ssd hard drive but it does not detected by system.

please suggest me  type of SSD to install it in my desktop pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is correct.  NVMe.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

What kind of M.2 SSD did you install?

SATA 6.0 or NVMe?

The specs for this model which has the same motherboard as yours, indicate it uses a NVMe M.2 SSD...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c06414386

HP Recommended

sir, i  installed wd green sata M.2 SSD but it does not detected by system.

So, as you said i want to use NVMe M.2 SSD. right sir?

HP Recommended

That is correct.  NVMe.

HP Recommended

thhank you sir for your support.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how the NVMe drive works for you.

HP Recommended

hello sir. i successfully installed NVMe SSD on my pc and it worked very well. 

but sir the slot for SSD was disabled in BIOS setting. so,When i enabled,the SSD was successfully detected by system. and then i installed it. Thank you for solution on selection of correct type of SSD.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know how the upgrade went.

I will let other forum members know to check the BIOS and make sure the M.2 slot is enabled.

I would have never thought to suggest looking there if someone reported the SSD was not recognized after installation.

HP Recommended

Where specifically in the BIOS did you find an option to enable the M.2 slot? The only settings I can find are under Slot Security. Did you change another BIOS setting besides that one?

HP Recommended

yes. i find that option in slot security in BIOS.I didn`t change  any other setting in BIOS.This is only one setting that i change in slot security.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.