Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my hp pavilion 27-a127c All-in-One. The USB Security was disabled in the BIOS and I have tried to remove the battery, press the power button for 60 seconds to drain the power. The USB ports do not get enabled trhrough this process. Is there another way to access the BIOS settings from the Windows or which pins on the system board should be crossed to reset?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

For those that can not get into the BIOS after turning off the USB Security; Power on the computer and repeatly press F10.

HP Recommended

@tteddy12
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

What is the operating system?
Let's try System Restore which returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

1. Save any open files and close all open programs.

2. In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

Creating a restore point

System Properties opens with the System Protection tab selected.

3. On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.

Selecting System Restore on the System Protection tab

The System Restore window opens.

4. Click Next.

The System Restore window, with Next circled in red

5. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.

The confirmation window opens.

6. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

The Confirm your restore point System Properties window, with Finish selected

7. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

The warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

8. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.