Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion p7-1016ukm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi im having a problem finding a bios update for my pc i was hoping someone could help  here is my system

p7-1016ukm

[edit]

H0E11EA#ABU

Motherboard Manufacturer. PEGATRON CORPORATION
Motherboard Product. 2AB6

Ver: CHI_714.ROM vCHI7.14

SMBIOS Version 2.6

im looking for a bios update as i have just upgraded the ram from 4gb to 8 gb corsair vengance and the cpu from i3 2100  to a i5 2500k and am also upgrading from onboard graphics to a gigabyte gtx 660 2mb card once my new pcu arives not a masive upgrade but enougth for this old pc

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@nathd1978 , welcome back to the forum.

Since your computer has been discontinued, I can't find any Product Specifications page for it on HP's website.  Therefore, there will no longer be any BIOS, driver or software updates.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi !

Are you sure you cannot find back a support page with BIOS binaires, through the serial number or the exact SKU of your computer ? I would have thought that HP provides that support even for EOL products. At least, I found it for mine, a more than 15 years old Compaq/HP desktop! Chances are that you may find for yours as well.

My two cents.

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 11.51.50.png

HP Recommended

@nathd1978, I suggest doing a scan using this page to see if it has positive results.

HP Recommended

there are a few bios updates but none say AMI   my bios is AMI 7.14 my motherboard is PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AB6

here are the options for windows 7 64 bit  i do have windows 10 upgrade but have been told i will need a windows 7 bios

2A99 Motherboard BIOS Update

6.14 Rev. A 1.7 MB Mar 24, 2011

H-I41-uATX Motherboard BIOS Update

6.10 Rev. A 1.5 MB Jun 25, 2012

H-RS880-UATX Motherboard BIOS Update

6.11 Rev. A 1.7 MB Jun 25, 2012

IPISB-CH PC Desktop BIOS Update

7.15 Rev. A 3.1 MB Dec 21, 2011

IPISB-CH2 Motherboard BIOS Update

7.12 Rev. A 3.0 MB Feb 6, 2012

IPISB-CU Motherboard BIOS Update

7.16 Rev. A 2.9 MB Feb 6, 2012

N-Alvorix-RS880 Motherboard BIOS Update

6.07 Rev. A 1.6 MB Sep 23, 2011

Download

HP's Terms of Use

HP Recommended

@nathd1978, it doesn't appear that there is a BIOS update for your motherboard.  You definitely don't want to update using an incorrect BIOS version.  This will make a very good boat anchor.

HP Recommended

Hi Nath !

Please keep in mind that:

• it is a long-standing tradition in BIOS file names to use an obscure notation, proper to the computer manufacturer, without any link either to the BIOS producer or to the motherboard itself; so don't look in the name of the available BIOSes for a clue to help you choose.
  • The BIOS file is not tied to the operating system on which your computer is currently running. You can check this by downloading the BIOS file proposed under Windows or Linux, if it exists: it is the same file.
  • Most often, the same rule applies to utilities provided with the BIOS (in the same archive), which are usually used to prepare an external media (for instance CD or memory stick), with which to boot temporarily on a mini operating system (for instance, FreeDOS). Again, the main operating system of your computer is not involved.

I strongly advise you to determine the BIOS that may be available for your machine, on the HP website, from the machine's serial number. It is likely that its serial number will be displayed in the setup screens of the present BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.