Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy all in one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer came from factory with camera and touchscreen installed but now they have both disappeared.  Camera not found and it's not in device manager. Since it came from the factory I have no clue what it is do try to get it back. I've tried all diagnostics, restore to previous windows. I don't know what else to do but I need my camera for zoom.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi!

So you did some OS upgrade and after that camera disappered?

List all divaces in divace manager and look carefully, if there isnt any wierd slot which can be your camera.

Did you tried download and install drivers for your camera?

The only thing in device manager is the hp printer. HP can't find my device therefore I can't find a driver for it.  I don't know what came installed by the factory to search for it.

HP Recommended

There two possible issues:

1. Your camera is dead/faulty

2. Your camera has lost "connection" to your OS

In device manager, you have your keyboard, procesor, grahpic card so there cant be only HP printer.

I think that your camera wont be under "Cameras" in device manager but it will be under "Others" or smth like this with name "Unknown device". Can you make screen shot of your device manager with "cameras" listed?

Hey there Chaticappy1! 

First thing I would like you to do is look up your computer and download all of the drivers from the manufacturer website for me and install them.

Sometime what can happen is after an OS install, drivers might get deleted and the webcam wont be found anymore.

By any chance did you see a yellow triangle in device manager? It would look something like the image below.

Also, what was the previous version of windows that you had installed? 

Thanks and I hope to help you resolve this!

1509688386584457.png

If it wont come out, just pull a little harder.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.