Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Pavilion 570-p050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can i put a 300 series motherboard and a i5-9600 processor in a hp pavilion 570-p050? as an upgrade.  i have not changed anything on it up to this point. so specs are still same as it comes, and all i want to upgrade is motherboard, processor and if i have to, a heat sink/cooling fan. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

not really, most current HP cases no longer have a removable I/O rear plate, the ports are simply stamped out of the case metal

also you would need to do custom wiring for the front usb/audio as they again do not follow the industry standards

last when asking a question consider how hard it is for other people to determine just what you actually mean by "300 series motherboard is this a model name a brand name or what?

remember the help you receive is based in a large part on the details you provide.......

HP Recommended

intel 300 series is what the i5 9600 says it  works with when you in the description, so that was what i searched for and found qite a few options for 300 series motherboards. they seem to be primarily for 8th gen i3, i5, and i7 core processors, im not concerned about the plate and the front jack i can do that, i want to know if i do all the neccisary on screen prep for a swap, and then put the new motherboard and cpu in if it will work? 

HP Recommended

the intel 300 series you are refering to is a (Intel 300 series CHIPSET) not a motherboard model

you are incorectly describing the item and confusing people.

numerous companies "make" motherboards using the intel 300 series chipset under various names

nobody makes a motherboard model range called 300

next, your statement:

"if i do all the neccisary on screen prep for a swap"

i have absolutly no idea what you are talking about

Last,

"and then put the new motherboard and cpu in if it will work"

i allready told you what would be nessary to try to install a diffrent board in this non standard case, why are you again asking if it will work?

HP Recommended

confusing ppl? u asked if it was a model of motherboadr and i said the i5 said it was compatable. i never said if it was a model or anything just said that the if says it in description... ur the confusing one i ask if it will work and u start talking about fitting the case i i asked if it would work to replace these parts with the new ones,i nevr asked if it would fit my case. and i asked if there was any on screen prep steps like things i need to do on computer before i shut it down to  swap boards... i came on here to be helped... not bothered about how "stupid " i am...i wouldnt be here if i knew what i was doing

HP Recommended

how can i confuse ppl if im confused myself... and u are the only person here u could have just helped me, i cant speak knowlegably about that which i have no knowledge of

HP Recommended

no excuse for complaining when someone is trying to teach you

people learn by being told when something is wrong or incorectly stated.

since you don't want any help from me i will leave you to seek comments from other posters

HP Recommended

tank ouee:)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.