Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a Victus HP 15L Gaming desktop, with 512 gb nvme.2 SSD.  I recently purchased a sk hynix platinum p41 SSD PCIe nvme.2 (1TB). Now after replacing my old one, with this new one, every time when I boot the computer, I receive a message, which it says: NO HARD DRIVE IS FOUND!!!  Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated. Well. to be honest, I had to put back the old hard drive inside my desktop, which is working fine. but in any event, while doing all this, I also notice that the original NVME.2 coming with Victus gaming indicates that the nvme.2 is gen 5. But the new nvme.2 one TB which I have purchased as a replacement indicates that it is gen 4. So my question is? Is it possible that the reason my Victus shows no hard drive is due to this new purchased NVME.2 SSD being gen 4, and not gen 5? Because I do not intend to purchase another SSD gen 5, prior to making sure that it would work. Again I thank you for any correct, and assuring response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Erico: I sincerely thank you for your analysis of my question in regard to the said desktop. And also your quick response. In any event. I figured what the issue was, and was able to fix it on my own. God bless you for your pointing to my errors, in asking such a question. Well done.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @KCK1323 

Do not take this as anything ad hominem, but you wrote "Again I thank you for any correct, and assuring response." and expect someone to reply other than this fashion?

Do you completely  understand what you said or was it in error? 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Erico: I sincerely thank you for your analysis of my question in regard to the said desktop. And also your quick response. In any event. I figured what the issue was, and was able to fix it on my own. God bless you for your pointing to my errors, in asking such a question. Well done.

HP Recommended

I am happy to hear that you sorted the issue out.

Have a great weekend!

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.