Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HPtp01-2234 pavilion Which uses a Erica6 motherboard mine has the   B55oa chipset. Is anyone using this motherboard with an upgraded GPU if so what GPU and did you need a PSU? Or should  a NIVIDA GeForce  GTX 750 TI work with this board? I think it would but as I am new to pc gaming I'm sure there could be things I haven't considered. Also processor is AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8 core 16 logical processors 16GB RAM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BigJJ186,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2234 PC (318G6AA) as fitted with an Erica6 motherboard (SSID: 8906), is likely powered by a 180-watt power supply with p/n: L81008-800 -please verify.

The recommended power supply for a GTX 750 Ti would be a 310-watt power supply with p/n: L10875-800.

Other power supply upgrades would be a 400-watt power supply with p/n: L69242-800 (942332-001), and a 500-watt PSU with p/n: L05757-800. All these power supplies are readily available online, such as via eBay.

It must be mentioned though, that a GTX 750 Ti doesn't carry much graphics weight. 

Being budget-sensitive, I would recommend upgrading your power supply with a 400-watt PSU such as via this trusted eBay Seller, and an RTX 3050, which can be purchased very competitively these days, such as this purchase example, under $200.  You'll be pleasantly surprised by the huge graphics performance boost an RTX 3050 provides compared with a GTX 750 Ti: UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 750-Ti vs RTX 3050.

If your budget is a little higher, consider upgrading your power supply with a 500-watt power supply, such as via one of these trusted eBay Sellers, and pair it with an RTX 4060, such as this purchase example, for under $300.  The graphics card performance compared with a GTX 750 Ti is even more stunning: UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 750-Ti vs RTX 4060.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BigJJ186,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2234 PC (318G6AA) as fitted with an Erica6 motherboard (SSID: 8906), is likely powered by a 180-watt power supply with p/n: L81008-800 -please verify.

The recommended power supply for a GTX 750 Ti would be a 310-watt power supply with p/n: L10875-800.

Other power supply upgrades would be a 400-watt power supply with p/n: L69242-800 (942332-001), and a 500-watt PSU with p/n: L05757-800. All these power supplies are readily available online, such as via eBay.

It must be mentioned though, that a GTX 750 Ti doesn't carry much graphics weight. 

Being budget-sensitive, I would recommend upgrading your power supply with a 400-watt PSU such as via this trusted eBay Seller, and an RTX 3050, which can be purchased very competitively these days, such as this purchase example, under $200.  You'll be pleasantly surprised by the huge graphics performance boost an RTX 3050 provides compared with a GTX 750 Ti: UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 750-Ti vs RTX 3050.

If your budget is a little higher, consider upgrading your power supply with a 500-watt power supply, such as via one of these trusted eBay Sellers, and pair it with an RTX 4060, such as this purchase example, for under $300.  The graphics card performance compared with a GTX 750 Ti is even more stunning: UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 750-Ti vs RTX 4060.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Your response is apricated Having the part numbers is very helpful.  I have the 318G6AA, And will likely Go with the 500-watt PSU and the RTX 4060. Seems to be a very reasonable upgrade for this PC.  

Thank you

HP Recommended

@BigJJ186,

You're welcome -if you're so inclined, please follow up to share how this upgrade worked out for you.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.