Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite HPE 410y US/CAN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to my fellow Owners Forum Panel! Over the summer I brought  a Canon Elph 360 camera with a 32GB SD memory card 

after taking pictures with it I found out that I couldn't get the card to work with my now geriatric buy still spry PC

is this due to the card being too big for the card reader installed on my beloved computer? 

if so then what's the maximum allowed that the reader can handle also please elaborate & enlighten me on the procedures needed to get these pictures out in the open 

I hope I don't have to format & start over

I appreciate both the brain power expended toward solving this

also thank you very much for allowing me to join you in helping fellow folks get the most out of their computers & apologize for any mistakes I caused in trying

a humble servant of the people

Ken aka kingtopcat                           

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kingtopcat

The following link shows specs of your machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02481318

Its card reader supports 15 different types but NOT SDHC cards, only

• Secure Digital (SD)
  • Secure Digital miniSD (Mini)

Therefore please try card around 8GB

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@kingtopcat

The following link shows specs of your machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02481318

Its card reader supports 15 different types but NOT SDHC cards, only

• Secure Digital (SD)
  • Secure Digital miniSD (Mini)

Therefore please try card around 8GB

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

to Provost banhein: thanks again for that quick, fast, in a hurry response I knew it accepted all of them  but wanted to get to the point about the SD cards in particular

because I didn't know it's max capacity I took the lowest # that was offered so now it's down to finding an 8GB size card or start planning the funeral for the 410y

I appreciate this info to the max!

Ken

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.