Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i (1S3R6AV)

My pc will freeze and not respond so I have to manually shut it down. There is no rhyme or reason to why it happens, things seem to be ok, then stop.

I have noticed this light will appear on the motherboard and wonder if this is an indication to the problem, and what might be done to rectifiy it. I have only had the product a few months and it seems to have started quite soon after setting up everything.

Any pointers or is this a dud that needs to be replaced?DSC_0425.JPG

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Are you able to start the PC and use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to test the system?

From an Off state, press the power button and then immediately tap the F2 key to invoke the Diagnostics.

Run the extensive system test. It will takje about two hours to complete. More information is in the document below this line.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000i/2100000185/document/ish_3974055-...

Keep us in the loop by letting us know if there  are any errors reported. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

hi there, thank you for your response. I did this a few days ago - it took around 4.30 hours, but no errors were reported. I have updated the bios and windows 11 too, but the freeze happened again recently too

HP Recommended

HP used to provide us with information about the motherboards, but that ship has sailed so the image you provided does not help.
BTW, since the lighting is fluorescent blue, everything is not  easily viewable.

Just how close to its capacity is your C:/ drive?

It should never be closer than 10% of capacity.

Have you  deleted as many temp files in the Temp or TMP folder as possible recently?

Have you considered testing the installed memory to see if a problem exists with  a memory module?
You can use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI utility to do that. 

Since you are using Windows 11, there is a covenient feature which you can enable that helps in freeing up space.

StorageSense.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

emptied temp files, no where near 10% of capacity either. Did the hardware diagnostic last night, nothing reported.

Plenty of space currently so no problems there either.

Sorry abouit the lights - when the pc freezes I cant do anything to change the state of the machine so lighting etc is how it is prior to the problem.

at the moment all seems to be fine, but I'll come back if it still freezes in future

HP Recommended

More resources and ways to make sure that your Windows 11 OS is healthy.

HP Recommended

Well, all was well for a week or so, but this morning the system froze again with this same green light on the motherboard.

I left it for an hour to see if it would unfreeze, but ended up restarting. This is getting very frustrating now - everything has been updated and I haver tried the steps suggested, but to no avail. And the virtual HP assistant is totally pointless btw!!20221213_101334.JPG

HP Recommended

I see the printing near the light that says Type C Gen 1.

That refers to USB Type C ports on the rear of the motherboard.

Do you happen to have a device plugged in to one of the ports? 
If you do, unplug it to see if that resolves the isssue. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, I'll try that and see what happens next time! 😄

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that hasn't helped - the light came on again and everything froze - i removed what was plugged into that and still nothing - I had to reboot to get back in. This happens so intermittently that it is really frustrating. I think this PC is just not fit for purpose and I am ready to call it a day and retuirn it I think...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.