Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

that was a nice post.. the specs i mean... so how the hell this dude managed to run the gtx 1050 ti with 35w on the sff?

plus... is its pci 3.0x or 2.0x ? if you know...

here are my specs of pc... if you can help me it would be nice... i mean i cant find the motherboard i have... here says 3396... but when i open the case i see a nuvoton logo....

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core @ 3.30GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 3396 (Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz)
%1 Chipset
Graphics
LG IPS FULLHD (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 37 °C
Storage
232GB Seagate ST3250318AS ATA Device (SATA ) 27 °C
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-60U6AA0 ATA Device (SATA ) 33 °C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SH-216BB ATA Device
Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

HP Recommended

That's a good question.

I have no idea why that card is working in a PCIe x16 slot rated at only 35 W.

The specs have to be wrong, or because he installed the card in the wrong slot, it is not using its full power.

The PCI express revison of the slot in your PC is 2.0, as you can see from the chipset specs from Intel at the link below.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/64027/intel-q77-express-chipset.html

I have the older 8200 Elite CMT with the Q67 chipset, PCIe x revision 2.0 and I am running the GT1030 in mine just fine.

HP Recommended

so card needs x3 i got x2 means? lower performance?

and finally 😄 i can install the new card to improve frames? 75w from pcie? both gtx 1650 and gtx 1050 ti says 75 from pcie...

HP Recommended

Yes, you probably won't get the maximum performance out of the 2.0 slot but there is nothing you can do about that.

Certainly the 1050ti is going to run circles around the GT 710 you have in there now.

HP Recommended

im not going to have problems with power? ty!

HP Recommended

Nope.

Your power supply meets the 300W requirement and the PCIx slot is rated at 75W.

Just make sure you plug the card in the black video card slot, not the white one.

Also check your GT710 to make sure that is in the black slot.

It is a common mistake to install the card in the wrong slot, since they look exactly the same.

HP Recommended

thank you very much.... i think ill go for the gtx 1650... a low profile one fan 😄

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how the graphics card upgrade went.

HP Recommended

Have you buy the GTX 1650 Card? Which model?

Does it work fine?

I'm interesting to install a new GPU card.

HP Recommended

yeap works fine.. currently im playing rainbow six siege and warhammer martyr....

(my i3-3220 is a bit old would need an upgrade but ok...  8gb ram and im running windows 7 which gonna stop supported from january 2020)

it works nice.... im having the msi with 1 fan the small one aero itx....

but since motherbaord can handle 75w other cards that dont need extra pin will work too... i think...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.