Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 27-dp1000i (1K788AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Brand new HP desktop all-in-one PC27 dp1000i.

the fan runs constantly and does not turn down and is very loud with a constant buzzing noise of the fan all the time..

have seen videos on YouTube about this but I do not have the options within 'Power Options' that they state.

How can I find where to turn the fan down?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is a new system just unpacked and you did the right thing by checking the bios.

Looks like a hardware problem for sure.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

thank you very much - thought I was going mad.

HP Recommended

@LindaC10 -- in addition to the good information provided by @BeemerBiker  please note that the first time that you connect a brand-new computer to the Internet for the first time, Windows Update will launch, to download & install all the security-updates that Microsoft has released between the date that the computer was assembled in the factory and today's date.  This "warmup" will work your computer, and the processor will heat up, and the motherboard will automatically increase the fan-speed (and, of course, the noise-level) until Windows Update has completed.  

So, let the motherboard decide the "optimal" speed of the fan, rather than you trying to slow-down the fan, which might lead to an "overheating" condition. 

If it does not get quieter within a day or two, then follow the advice from @BeemerBiker 

HP Recommended

Thank you for coming back to me.

4 days in and the noise is just as bad.

Followed the advice of the previous person and reported it to HP.

They are coming today to pick it up and take it to repair centre.

Will be without it for 8 to 10 working days apparently.

I'm going to keep this thread open and once HP have reported  back I'll update this.

Can now see other people complaining about this same problem on this model so I want to assist anyone else who is going through the same thing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.