Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0950nd

The HP Support Assitant advised to upgrade my UEFI and BIOS firmware. I started with the BIOS update and the install message confused me with a question about the progress of the install. I pressed an option that stopped the install.

The UEFI install went ok.

Now I cannot find the new firmware install option anywhere. My current BIOS version is F.03.

Where do I find the latest firmware update for my desktop and how do I install it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I suspect if you reboot your system and try again it may work.

There have been SERIOUS problems recently with bios upgrades.

Please lookup your bios SSID.  It should be one of

8643, 8653, or 8767

Download only the bios that corresponds to your SSID

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-0000i/29014367/model/31...

The SSID is in the bios setup;.  You can also run the windows app msinfo and look for "BaseBoard Product"

BeemerBiker_0-1678881077995.png

There is a real possibility your system may stop working if the wrong bios or a corrupted bios is used.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.