Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So I am looking around to get 4x8gb of rdim of the fastest they have but all i see is rdimm.  I was looking and this was this is only affordable one but its rdimm. Since this was a recycled z420 it is not the memory that came with it.  any one have any other versions of this in  udimm.  For example this..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WFDN6QU/?coliid=IRZAUMXVZNIJP&colid=2JOQOQ5L4C35L&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_...

Above The Firehouse
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tony_atfpodcast , welcome back to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the workstation.  You can find all of the information on the workstation on Pages 15 thru 22.  You should read the section titled "Memory technology" on Page 21 for some good information on the memory.  Also, here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  As you will see, they only list one 8 GB UDIMM.  While on the Crucial site, I suggest looking at the SSD's that they recommend.  This is the least expensive way that I know to increase system performance.  A SSD for a boot drive is the only way to go.

I am not certain which memory will work best in the workstation.  I suggest that you choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best memory for your system.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

What kind of file is this| it does not have an extension? i don't need a ssd, i just want the ram they recommend plus looking at crucual 109.99 for a single stick is too much for 8gb  😉

Above The Firehouse
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.