Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my computer showed me a black screen with hard drive failure message, so i ran one of the tests i could get to and it gave a failure id number 9GDA02-79R9PX-MFPM7F-61UE03, My serial number is{edited] what do i do now? do i have a really big paper weight now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @MAILMAN42!

You are doing great.  I suggest that you backup your personal data.  It may be running fine again, but it will most likely quit soon.  You can wait for it to fail or buy a new hard drive before that happens.  Here is a guide to help you test the hard drive using SMART.  It will give you a better idea of what is happening.  Also, here is a guide for using Hardware diagnostics.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MAILMAN42 , welcome to the forum.

You will have to replace the hard drive with one the same size or larger to assure that the Recovery software will work properly.

What is the full model of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information.  Once I have this information, I will help you further.

HP Recommended

Pavilion23 windows 10 home with 64-bit operating system, AMD A6-5200 APU with radeon HD processor, i was able to back out of the testing screen and windows ran an upate and completely booted up all systems so i have complete access again but it has been running slow for a good while now even before error, on the task manager it shows 100% disk usage a good amount of the time but none of the processes show much in the way of percentage. sorry kinda new at troubleshooting computers. model number 23-g017c

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @MAILMAN42!

You are doing great.  I suggest that you backup your personal data.  It may be running fine again, but it will most likely quit soon.  You can wait for it to fail or buy a new hard drive before that happens.  Here is a guide to help you test the hard drive using SMART.  It will give you a better idea of what is happening.  Also, here is a guide for using Hardware diagnostics.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.