Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 550 – 153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have a pavilion 550_153a desk top computer the hard drive is still working but giving fault codes for the long and short drive self test. I want to replace it and my question is, When the new hard drive is fitted and I start the computer will windows 10 automatically load back on my computer like it did when new. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to reinstall the operating system, programs and files on the new hard drive.

You can reinstall W10 for free by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-153na (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to reinstall the operating system, programs and files on the new hard drive.

You can reinstall W10 for free by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-153na (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply I am going to put into the shop for the repair 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.