cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
jimmac1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

hard drive is giving fault codes but still working and how to change it

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 550 – 153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  have a pavilion 550_153a desk top computer the hard drive is still working but giving fault codes for the long and short drive self test. I want to replace it and my question is, When the new hard drive is fitted and I start the computer will windows 10 automatically load back on my computer like it did when new. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,482 65,046 22,087 34,010
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to reinstall the operating system, programs and files on the new hard drive.

You can reinstall W10 for free by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-153na (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to reinstall the operating system, programs and files on the new hard drive.

You can reinstall W10 for free by making bootable installation media with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-153na (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

jimmac1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply I am going to put into the shop for the repair 

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation