Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hdd power cable HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - 790-0060xt

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - 790-0060xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - 790-0060xt. My plan was to take my HDD from my old computer, and just use it into my new one. I'm kinda stump on the power supply since it looks like the motherboard wants me to have a 6 pin to 2 15 pin. Image below.

Does anyone know of what power cable I should be using? Links to the cable is welcome.

IMG_20190909_200106.jpg

P.S.

Does anyone know the optical drive that normally comes with the computer? I was wanting to use my old CD drive, and the case isn't friendly to upgrading this at all. The drive is much smaller than normal ones. I'm just wanting to figure out if it's worth the cost to get one.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,913 15,515 880 994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hdd power cable HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - 790-0060xt

@crua9

Welcome to HP support community.

HDD power cable would come with a converter that can be connected to the PSU and the same goes for the DVD drive, if you have an old version (IDE or SATA) of the device and wish to connect it to the new version (SATA3) on the PC.

Refer to this for case detail:- Click here

And motherboard specs: Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation