05-09-2019 02:02 PM
i was wondering how do i activate turbo boost for my cpu...
my computer is a 8200 hp cmt,
Mainboard is (Intel Q67 Express)
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-15-2019 04:50 PM
By default, the Turbo Mode option in BIOS is on.
You can go to BIOS --> Advanced --> Device Options --> Turbo Mode
Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Core i7-2600 (3.40 GHz, 8MB cache, 4 cores) - Supported
- Intel Core i5-2500 (3.30 GHz, 6MB cache, 4 cores) - Supported
- Intel Core i5-2400 (3.10 GHz, 6MB cache, 4 cores) - Supported
- Intel Core i3-2120 (3.30 GHz, 3MB cache, 2 cores) - Not supported
- Intel Core i3-2100 (3.10 GHz, 3MB cache, 2 cores) - Not supported
11-18-2019 07:11 AM
i have this Hp pavilion 15 (cu-0001tx) i5 8th generation.
in the specification, as listed on product page: Intel® Core™ i5-8250U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
My question is how i can activate turbo boost to get 3.4Ghz and if it is already active then why it's not working.
i have try to run a couple of games one of those game is need for speed payback and it is still working on base frequency 1.6 Ghz with 100% usage.. shouldn't it start to increase to atleast 1.7Ghz??