Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello I own a HP Slim Desktop 290-a0xxx I would like to place a CD into the CD/DVD tray but as the tray is vertically oriented I must ask if the CD will simply fall out of it or is it necessary to reorient the entire computer on its side so that the CD/DVD tray is positioned horizontally in order to play a CD or DVD Thank you Cheerios

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have to click the CD/DVD into place.

It could drop into the chassis if the disc is not firmly seated. This has happened to other folks using a vertical, optical disc, drive.

You have to disassemble the PC to recover the disc when this happens.

You don't have to reorient the case to use the optical disc drive.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have to click the CD/DVD into place.

It could drop into the chassis if the disc is not firmly seated. This has happened to other folks using a vertical, optical disc, drive.

You have to disassemble the PC to recover the disc when this happens.

You don't have to reorient the case to use the optical disc drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yjw to open the tray for CD? Where is the button for the tray?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.