Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Got and hp 120 omni all in one that came in a pallet of mixed ALL IN ONE DESKTOPS

this one in particular has a POWER ON PASSWORD

i figured out how to bypass some of these passwords by getting an error code.

the problem is that this one does not give me an error code but a (*) character

any help sugestions?

i already tried removing the jumpers and putting them back in place with no success.

ANY HELP WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

For you to be able to remove the Power On password, you need to remove the rear cover, then remove the metal cover that protects the motherboard and remove the jumper located close to the memory modules.

Then try to power on the system and see if that resolved your problem.

Thanks,

Hugo M. Lemos

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please give me the exact PC model number of your AIO to check how you can do it?

It will depend from one model or motherboard to another, so its important to know what system you may have.

Thanks,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply

it is a HP OMNI 120-1034

HP Recommended

Hello there,

Thanks for your answer.

I will have to check how is it possible to reset the Power ON password, and whenever I have more info for you, I will update it here! 🙂

THanks,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Hello,

For you to be able to remove the Power On password, you need to remove the rear cover, then remove the metal cover that protects the motherboard and remove the jumper located close to the memory modules.

Then try to power on the system and see if that resolved your problem.

Thanks,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to know if you have been able to check my last post and if you have tried the suggestion i gived you.

If you havent tried that, in case it fails to reset the password, you need to try the following steps:

You need to strap pins 3 & 4, power on the unit, shut it down, remove jumper from pins 3 & 4, power on the unit, and your password will be cleared.

The default setting for that jumper block could be no jumper at all or jumper strapped to pins 1&2, remove from that location and put it on pins 3 &4 (silk screen on MB would say clear password).

Let me know if this has resolved your problem so that you can close the topic! 🙂

Thanks,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Hi, it worked!

thanks, though i had tryied that before, i removed the jumper and turned on the computer and didn't work, then i figured i might needed  to short the pins.

Removed the jumper short the pins  using a screw driver and it worked just fine!

thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know that the steps I advised you have resolved your problem.

In order to have this topic closed and for any other customers which might have or could have the same problem, could find this solution, could you please be so kind in accepting my comments as the solution?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Regards,

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Hello,

How to do the same thing, only for model 120-1204er.

The method described above is not suitable.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks A Lot, This One Worked Quite Well For Me. I Was Able To Reset The Power On & BIOS Password All In Sucession One After The Other. A Previous Procedure I Got From Else Where Did Did Not Mention The Shorting Of The Jumper & Put It On & Shutdown After To Reset. But Your Procedure Worked Very Well. Thanks Very Much For Your Help. And Do Keep The Good Work You'll Are Doing.

Thanks In Advance,

Yours Respectfully,

Nakaiman.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.