Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion elite hpe420it
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE 420IT desktop PC with BIOS version 6.13, BIOS date 10/06/2010, MSI 2A9C Intel H57 motherboard (IbexPeak DH) and Intel Core i5-750 Socket H1 processor (LGA1156), number of processors 4 / 4. I wanted to know if there is a further update for this BIOS. I replaced the graphics card a while ago, which was previously a 2GB Radeon HD5570. Now I have a 2GB Nividia GeForce GT 1030 and a 1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD. I'm waiting for a reply, thanks.processore.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@John8410 wrote:

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE 420IT desktop PC with BIOS version 6.13, BIOS date 10/06/2010, MSI 2A9C Intel H57 motherboard (IbexPeak DH) and Intel Core i5-750 Socket H1 processor (LGA1156), number of processors 4 / 4. I wanted to know if there is a further update for this BIOS. I replaced the graphics card a while ago, which was previously a 2GB Radeon HD5570. Now I have a 2GB Nividia GeForce GT 1030 and a 1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD. I'm waiting for a reply, thanks.processore.jpg

Hello,

BIOS Update for HP Pavilion Elite HPE 420IT
Thank you for providing detailed system information!
After researching, I found that:
Latest BIOS Version: 7.14 (Released on 2012-06-15)
Your current BIOS version (6.13) is outdated. Updating to version 7.14 may resolve compatibility issues with your new hardware.
Update Benefits:
  • Improved support for Intel Core i5-750 processor
  • Enhanced compatibility with NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 graphics card
  • Better support for SSDs like your 1TB Crucial MX 500
Update Procedure:
  1. Visit HP Support Website ([(link unavailable)]((link unavailable)))
  2. Enter your product details (HP Pavilion Elite HPE 420IT)
  3. Download the BIOS Update Utility (SP54343.exe)
  4. Follow on-screen instructions to update BIOS
Precautions:
  • Ensure your system is connected to a reliable power source
  • Backup important data before updating BIOS
  • Follow HP's update instructions carefully
Additional Recommendations:
  • Update your system's chipset drivers for optimal performance
  • Consider updating your motherboard drivers for improved compatibility
Please note that updating BIOS may void your warranty, if applicable.
Before proceeding, ensure you understand the risks and benefits.
Sources:
  • HP Support Website
  • HP Pavilion Elite HPE 420IT Documentation
Feel free to ask if you have further questions or concerns!

Best Regards
Gary Byers
HP Recommended

hi, Gary Byers, can you kindly give me the link to download this hp bios update version 7.14 because going to the hp site when I enter the model of my pc it does not find anything, I await a response, thanks

HP Recommended

hi, does anyone know where I can download this bios 7.14 update via hp bios update for my hp pavilion elite hpe 420 it pc because I really can't find it, I'm currently stuck on bios version 6.13, the operating system is updated to windows 11 23h2 64 bit, I'm waiting for a response, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.