Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming desktop tg01-0XXX

i have a hp pavilion desktop tg01-0XXX. there is almost no documentation of this particular model anywhere on the web. i would like to upgrade my 256gb hard drive to a 4tb hard drive. i do not know what i currently have, what size in inches it is or what i need to get. i am not very experienced in this area and i have no idea whether i need a 3.5 or 2.5 inch hard drive. i am aware hdds are cheaper and am wondering if that's what i need. it says that it has a 1tb hdd and a 256gb ssd, but i cannot find the 1tb hdd in the file manager. is it possible to write from this drive instead of the ssd? that would be so helpful, as then i would not even have to buy anything. i want a 4tb hard drive but if the 1tb hard drive is able to be written to and used that would still be amazing. thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hsp4,

Welcome to our peer-to-peer HP Community Forum!

Your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx is either fitted with a Rother motherboard (SSID: 8653) which requires an LGA1151-type 8th or 9th-gen processor, such as an i5-9400, or your desktop is fitted with an Erica motherboard (SSID: 8643) which requires an AM4-type processor, such as an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G.

In order for me to best assist you, please type in: system information in your Windows search bar, and click on the System Information App. Please look up what it says to the right of "BaseBoard Product", and also what "System SKU" you got.

Regardless, your desktop can be fitted with at least one SATA HDD or SATA SSD, and one M.2 NVMe SSD, and you can fit any capacity drive your budget would allow, as you can see here, which shows an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx User with a 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD as its primary (boot) drive.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.