Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 270-p024

Hello everyone, 

I have an issue where my CPU stays at 2.9 GHz even under full load which is not ideal. This is not a thermal throttling issue, as my computer only runs at around 50-55 degrees under full load at 22 degrees ambient, and is not a power limit either, as I am only drawing 150 watts from the wall at full load. This issue is very annoying due to the fact that my CPU performance has been reduced by at least 25% (PassMark) due to this issue.

Full Specs:

-Intel Core i7-7700T

-ZOTAC GeForce GT 1030
-32GB 2666MHz RAM

-Kingston A400 480GB SSD

-82F2 Motherboard

-Default CPU Cooler

Note: I have upgraded the computer from integrated graphics to a dedicated ZOTAC GeForce GT 1030, and upgraded the RAM to a 2x16 GB kit of HyperX Fury. These components may be the issue, but I most likely suspect that the issue started after a BIOS update from F.43 to F.44 on my 82F2 "Lubin" motherboard.

Any solution to this issue would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

@ctrl_alt_del When you post multiple times the time to respond to you get's delayed as the post reset's each time, posting multiple times may also send your post into the spam box, hence we don't recommend you do that!

That out of the way, Here's all you need to know about the Intel turbo boost technology:

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is activated when the Operating System (OS) requests the highest processor performance state (P0). The maximum frequency of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is dependent on the number of active cores. The amount of time the processor spends in the Intel Turbo Boost Technology state depends on the workload and operating environment.

Any of the following can set the upper limit of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology on a given workload:

• Number of active cores

• Estimated current consumption

• Estimated power consumption

• Processor temperature

When the processor is operating below these limits and the workload demands additional performance, the processor frequency will dynamically increase by 133 MHz on short and regular intervals until the upper limit is met or the maximum possible upside for the number of active cores is reached.

For more details: Click here

(In HP devices, this feature is system managed and we cannot enable or disable the same, the options are locked, perhaps you can tell me exactly what's wrong with the games and I can work on helping you with the same, also include any error messages, screenshots or the name of the game if it's specific to one game)

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher ,

Unfortunately, this is not helpful. Like I stated previously, temperature and power limits were not an issue. The system was also running at 100 percent utilization, and the processor did not go to turbo frequencies, even when the temperature was only 55 degrees celsius. 

HP Recommended

@ctrl_alt_del

As informed earlier the Turbo boost is system managed and there is no option to modify the settings. That said, I recommend you update the BIOS and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.