Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-370st, Product No. J6N65AV#ABA.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting the following error message when checking device manager:  Under System Devices, the intel management engine interface "device cannot start (code 10).  STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE."  I decided to check Device Manager when  a specific platform I use daily, Thinkorswim, started crashing.   I have 16 GB ram.  I have dual video cards, Nvidia GTX 745 and GT 740, and run 6 displays, which I have since January 2016 when I bought the computer.   Replaced the motherboard within the last 2 weeks (defective and causing multiple, frequent and random blue screens).  No blue screens since the repair.  Same brand and model of motherboard as the original:  Made by Pegatron, HP calls it Pittsburgh2.  No other software, driver or hardware changes.

IMEI has the following driver:  11.0.0.1157, dated 7-7-15.   'Update Driver' says I have the latest driver.   i have the latest version of Windows 10, version 1903, but the latest update will not install (Microsoft Catalog # KB4507453).   Any suggestions for getting IMEI to work?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@amost
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
    Restart your computer and check for the product details, 

Also, I did go through the internet regarding "intel management engine interface cannot start"  and found the below solution:

1. Right-click Intel (R) Management Engine Interface and click Uninstall.
  2. When prompted with the uninstall confirmation, check the box for Delete the driver software for this device, and then click OK to continue.
  3. Reboot your computer. Windows will automatically help you update the correct driver once you restart.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Echo-Lake,

Thank you for responding and your suggestions:

1.  Windows update fails with each attempt.   I then tried a direct update using Microsoft Catalog  (update KB 4507453), and that failed as well.

2.  I installed HP Support Assistant -- it installed a file with the phrase "FXN."    No change in the IMEI warning/error.

3.  I uninstalled the IMEI driver after checking the box for Delete the Driver.  No change.  I still get the warning message for IMEI.

I checked the software/driver updates for my computer at the following URL:   https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-phoenix-810-300-desktop-pc-series/7161705/m...,  

Under the Driver-Chipset folder it shows three driver updates for the following:   Intel Chip Driver, Intel Chipset Driver for X99 and X79 Series, and IMEI driver.  The IMEI driver is version 11.0.0.1155, which is older than what I have, which is 11.0.0.1157.  I tried uninstalling the IMEI driver as before and installing the older driver.  It gave me an error:  not compatible with my device.

Should I install the two chipset drivers first and then try to install the IMEI driver?   How do I know if the listed chipset drivers are newer or "better" than what I have?  I can't find under System Devices in Device Manager anything named "chipset."  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@amost
Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to help you in tattooing BIOS in a motherboard with exact hardware and model info including the serial number.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I WANT TO UPDAT  intel (r) management engine interface hp version 3.2.20.1046. built by winDDK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.