Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a030 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced the system board and I am getting a message during bootup "invalid or missing product information"

May I please have instructions on how to proceed with fixing the error.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Machspeed , welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that should help you solve your problem:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443496

I realize that your message is not exactly the same, but it is being received for basically the same reason -- you changed the motherboard.  HP has major components and Serial Number listed in the BIOS.  When you change the motherboard this information does not match.  You can contact HP for help using the Contact Support tab at the top of the page in the guide.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Yeah, I found that, and leads me to the community forum. My machine is out of warranty, so no contact hp buttons show on that page for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.