Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello all, over the past few weeks i have noticed my wireless keyboard - hp pavillion 800 - slowly deteriorating with a few keys refusing to work. at first, pressing 'windows' and 'prt sc' no longer resulted in a screenshot, instead only showing the windows menu. assuming it was just a glitch and a simple restart of the system would do the trick, i continued using my keyboard. around a week later, i could no longer capitalize letters using either 'shift' keys, hence the lack of punctuation in this paragraph. however, holding down the shift button still pulled up the sticky keys warning; meaning it was still functional. now, both shift keys appear to have become completely unresponsive. as of now, i've restarted my computer - windows 10 hp all-in-one 24 - and i've unplugged and replugged the keyboard.

i have spilt drinks on this keyboard before, but not recently enough for it to break now. i do not think there is any physical damage to the hardware, though i suspect it may be a driver issue. any help would be greatly appreciated1 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@truffle24,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

I see, quote: "i have spilt drinks on this keyboard before" -end quote...

The answer -most likely, is this or an equivalent solution: HP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Combo 800 + Free Shipping (amazon.com).

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

this happened many months ago, i don't think the drink spillage is the problem because it happens to only be the shift keys, which was gradual, and my print screen button. are you sure you can rule out the chance of it being a software issue/

HP Recommended

@truffle24,

All right, please follow these keyboard reset steps and see if it solves your problem: How to reset Keyboard settings to default in Windows 11/10 (thewindowsclub.com).

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.