Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3300 Series MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So have been having some real problems upgrading my graphics card lately this is my current spec:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
 Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
 Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (8-8-8-22)
Motherboard
 Foxconn 2ABF (CPU 1) 28 °C
Graphics
 Philips 190S (1280x1024@60Hz)
 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 32 °C
Storage
 232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500AAJS-00L7A0 (SATA) 33 °C
 298GB Hitachi HCP725032GLA380 (SATA) 32 °C
 931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
 hp CDDVDW TS-H653T
 MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio
 NVIDIA High Definition Audio

I cant afford much so I went for a Gigabyte Nvidia 730 2G DDR3.  Tried two different cards but still not booting from hp blue start up screen, so returned them thinking they were faulty; however, looking further in forums, said some HP computers may not be able to upgrade graphics cards much past onboard spec can anyone help and tell me what I could run? I love this PC and will be gutted if i have to replace it just to be able to upgrade graphics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for your PC.

The list of supported video cards can be found on page 4.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04288441.pdf

Nowadays, another factor when choosing a video card is the age/version of the BIOS in your PC vs the model of the video card.

It's no longer a simple comparison of the power supply draw and PCI express version.

Choosing the newest ones out on the market today will probably not work in a PC more than a year or two old.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for your PC.

The list of supported video cards can be found on page 4.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04288441.pdf

Nowadays, another factor when choosing a video card is the age/version of the BIOS in your PC vs the model of the video card.

It's no longer a simple comparison of the power supply draw and PCI express version.

Choosing the newest ones out on the market today will probably not work in a PC more than a year or two old.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. and advice :robotvery-happy: x Will go hunting now!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have the AMD Radeon HD 6570 in my HP 8200 Elite CMT which has the same processor and chipset family as the 3300 Pro.

I am afraid to venture beyond that because of all these compatibiliy hurdles we have to jump over now when trying to find a compatible graphics card for an older PC.

HP Recommended

Sooooo just to update, I tried to order the AMD 6570 (all others on list obsolete) but supplier called to say they only had newer models and I would be better with an HP branded card. 

I was wondering if either of these would be compatible with my system (please please please say yes!):

HP B4J92AA Components Video Graphics Card NVIDIA GF GT 630 2GB DP PCIe FH x16

or

HP B1r44AA AMD Radeon HD 7450 1024MB

HP Recommended

Hi:

The GT 630 would probably be compatible, and would be a better card than the HD 7450.

You should be able to get a generic GT 630 from many stores or online electronics retailers.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for your awesome advice !

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Would a R7 250 2gb be able to work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.