Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion all-in-one 24-xa0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi i am looking to buy an external gpu and am wanting to know if i am able to use and any recommended graphics cards to buy at a reasonable price am not looking to conquer the world just wanting to run a wider range of games and most i have looked at say everything on the computer is fine with exception of gpu

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@robbiewoodse 

An All-in-One is basically an oversized laptop paired with an external keyboard and mouse. Like a laptop, it does not have graphics "cards" that can be replaced; instead, it has integrated graphics in which the chip is soldered to the system board and is not removable.

As to external GPU, my guess would be no -- as the All-in-Ones are intended to be desktop office PCs, not gaming boxes.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

To add to @WAWood response; you would need Thunderbolt 3.0 motherboard support to use an external graphics card.

I doubt your PC's motherboard supports this.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi how would i find out if my motherboard supports?

HP Recommended

Hello
Forget this idea.
For information there are some all in one models where it is possible to replace the graphics card, only these are specific cards, not always easy to find, sometimes expensive, and limited in choice
An example :

now for an external card
That's not all, if you want something worthwhile, you need a special box, with additional power supply, and a graphics card, and you need to connect another screen!
here is an example, (I do not take into account if it is compatible)

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/product/omen-by-hp-ga1-1000-accelerator-shell/15776606/document/c056579...

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/product/omen-by-hp-ga1-1000-accelerator-shell/15776606/product-info

the whole can become quite expensive, it would be more profitable for you to acquire a pc gamer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.