Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-070no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i recently factory reset my computer, and it went horribly wrong. It crashed under the proces and my computer ended up in blackscreen. I then shut it down and had to reinstall windows 10. After a long reinstallation i suddenly could not find or register my m.2 drive. I then took it out, cause i thought it had a bad connection or something like that. After the reinstallation it came up in the disk management. I had a hard time initializing it, but after some digging i got it to work, but with only 1 gb when it should be around 256 gb. Also i couldnt format it so it was still RAW.
Anybody got any solutions or something i could try? thx in advance:)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@OmenComputer , welcome to the Community.

Go into Disk Management to see if the drive is listed.  If so, right click on it and select "Mark Partition as Active".  If it is not listed you should assure that it is installed correctly.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

if the system/ssd is under warranty contact HP, we had one that failed and the symptoms were as you describe the ssd only shows as a small size instead of it's true size and we were unable to recover it's true size

you might want to try the steps below and see if it's a partition related issue

1. Fire up diskpart.exe
  2. SELECT DISK n (n — whatever your new disk number is. Find number using LIST DISK command)
  3. SELECT VOLUME n (where n is number of any volume that is located on a problematic disk. Find it using LIST VOLUME command)
  4. EXTEND (without any parameters)

and you should now see all the unallocated space in Windows Disk Management and can extend an existing volume or add a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.