09-16-2019 12:47 PM
@Sanju11 Windows 10 error 0x803f7001 is an activation error that can crop up after a clean install, a motherboard change or BIOS/UEFI update.
Did you make any of the above changes? Also, could you elaborate on the "fan not working" what exactly do you mean?
Meanwhile, here's what you need to do, to fix the error code:
The first step to fixing the error is to re-enter your product key in the hope that Windows picks it up. I can attest that this method works after changing out my motherboard last week.
1. Navigate to Settings, Update & Security and Activation.
2. Select Change Product key. Enter the product key of the Windows version you had before upgrading to Windows 10 or your Windows 10 key if you have one.
3. Reboot once complete.
I used this method after having spent 30 fruitless minutes on the phone with Microsoft tech support and it worked like a charm.
Try phone activation
If re-entering your Windows product key doesn’t work you could try telephone activation. Try the automated system first and only then the human tech support. Hopefully, you will have more luck than I did!
1. Type or paste ‘slui 4’ into the Search Windows box.
2. Select your country and click Next.
3. Call the toll free number while remaining in front of your computer.
4. Use the automated system to get a Confirmation ID.
5. Add the Confirmation ID into the box.
In many cases, this can address the Windows 10 activation error 0x803f7001. If it doesn’t, the system will automatically transfer you to live tech support who should be able to help you activate.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
I hope that answers your query,
If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow,
And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.
Have a great day ahead.
I am an HP Employee