Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

omen 40l cpu cooler

it is a 14700f, with a fan cooler.

not for now, but wondering what will be the upgrade options for it? prefer air cooler.

IMG_0260.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @princesszeldach,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP Omen 40L desktop typically comes with a stock CPU cooler, which might not be the most efficient or effective for high-performance tasks or overclocking. If you're considering upgrading the CPU cooler in the future for your Intel Core i7-14700F (assuming it's a typo for Core i7-14700F), you have several options, particularly if you prefer air cooling solutions.

Here are a few considerations for upgrading the CPU cooler.

• Air Coolers: Since you prefer air cooling, you have a wide range of options available. Look for reputable brands like Noctua, Cooler Master, be quiet!, or Deepcool. These brands offer high-quality air coolers with excellent cooling performance.
  • Cooler Size: Make sure to check the dimensions of the cooler and ensure it fits within the HP Omen 40L's case. The case might have limitations on cooler height or width, so choose a cooler that fits comfortably without obstructing other components.
  • Thermal Performance: Look for air coolers with high thermal dissipation capabilities, especially if you plan to push your CPU to its limits. Larger coolers with more heat pipes and larger heatsinks generally provide better cooling performance.
  • Noise Levels: Consider the noise level of the cooler. While high-performance coolers can effectively dissipate heat, some might produce more noise than others. Look for coolers with low noise ratings if a quiet system is important to you.
  • Aesthetics: If aesthetics matter to you, consider coolers with customizable RGB lighting or sleek designs that complement the overall look of your system.
  • Compatibility: Ensure that the cooler you choose is compatible with the LGA 1700 socket, which is used by the Intel Core i7-14700F. Most modern coolers will support this socket, but it's always good to double-check.

Popular air coolers that are often recommended for high-performance CPUs include the Noctua NH-D15, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. These coolers offer excellent thermal performance and are compatible with a wide range of CPU sockets, including the LGA 1700.

Before purchasing, it's always a good idea to read reviews and check compatibility to ensure the cooler meets your needs and fits your system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @princesszeldach,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP Omen 40L desktop typically comes with a stock CPU cooler, which might not be the most efficient or effective for high-performance tasks or overclocking. If you're considering upgrading the CPU cooler in the future for your Intel Core i7-14700F (assuming it's a typo for Core i7-14700F), you have several options, particularly if you prefer air cooling solutions.

Here are a few considerations for upgrading the CPU cooler.

• Air Coolers: Since you prefer air cooling, you have a wide range of options available. Look for reputable brands like Noctua, Cooler Master, be quiet!, or Deepcool. These brands offer high-quality air coolers with excellent cooling performance.
  • Cooler Size: Make sure to check the dimensions of the cooler and ensure it fits within the HP Omen 40L's case. The case might have limitations on cooler height or width, so choose a cooler that fits comfortably without obstructing other components.
  • Thermal Performance: Look for air coolers with high thermal dissipation capabilities, especially if you plan to push your CPU to its limits. Larger coolers with more heat pipes and larger heatsinks generally provide better cooling performance.
  • Noise Levels: Consider the noise level of the cooler. While high-performance coolers can effectively dissipate heat, some might produce more noise than others. Look for coolers with low noise ratings if a quiet system is important to you.
  • Aesthetics: If aesthetics matter to you, consider coolers with customizable RGB lighting or sleek designs that complement the overall look of your system.
  • Compatibility: Ensure that the cooler you choose is compatible with the LGA 1700 socket, which is used by the Intel Core i7-14700F. Most modern coolers will support this socket, but it's always good to double-check.

Popular air coolers that are often recommended for high-performance CPUs include the Noctua NH-D15, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. These coolers offer excellent thermal performance and are compatible with a wide range of CPU sockets, including the LGA 1700.

Before purchasing, it's always a good idea to read reviews and check compatibility to ensure the cooler meets your needs and fits your system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.