Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
c310a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello reader,

I have a functioning HP Printer (c310a).  As I upgraded past the last adobe flash software available, I was halted from being able to open up the HP Assistant for the Internet Explorer version installed.

I can print, by initiating that from within a product.  But, I can no longer open the Support Assistant to initiate, for example, scanning.

stavraki

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest version of the HP software?

Obviously, HP knows that Adobe Flash has achieved its "sunset", which implies that HP rewrote the software to eliminate the use of Adobe Flash.

From: HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310a Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Supp...

some of the available downloads are dated "May 2021" -- namely "recently".

HP Recommended

@itsmyname 

No, HP has not rewritten the software.

Last release of this Driver is dated 2015

HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - C310 Full Feature Software and Drivers 

The driver version is (at this writing) almost six years old; it might still work with the latest versions of Windows 10.

Version:

True, in some cases for those printers that support older drivers (only), there might be other more recent updates.

For example, you might find a newer Firmware (more recent than the printer driver).

The results vary by printer model.

Where to look...

IF you are having trouble downloading installation packages from the FTP site,

Some browsers might have recently ( in 2021 ) obscured or even blocked FTP downloads.

Depending on the error you get, try unblocking the change in the browser

See the browser's own website support for how / if this can be done.

OR

Try the old IE (Internet Explorer) browser to download

Using IE is probably a temporary solution - Windows is likely to close access to IE at the end of 2021.

For even older printers that used drivers named "Solution Center" software

Older printers used a driver version that was named "Solution Center".

This driver was different from the next generation of driver software termed "Full Feature Software".

The problem:

The HP Solution Center software used Flash to run the main driver menu.

When flash was removed by Adobe, anything written to use Flash stopped working.

Flash Player is permanently disabled as of 12-Jan-2021

The HP Solution center software is based on Flash:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

There is no replacement for Adobe Flash.

HP did not rewrite these old "Solution Center" drivers.

The subject is generally covered in many posts / threads, some of which have the word "Flash" in the subject line.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thank you both for the reply, i appreciate the time you put into it.  

stephen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.