Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Wow that does sound like a good machine and a heck of an upgrade. Don't think I am that brave to dig into it that much. I will be happy with memory and a processor. I just wanted to give them a little beefing up just to run the light show. Glad to know the processor I bought is good to go, and you say the processor upgrade /motherboard is good to go for the DC5700 too? I haven't recieved that one yet coming from Hong Kong of course. Thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, if you ordered the Conroe E6700 processor spec I posted from the link above, you should be fine.

There are no optional heat sinks available for the different processors.

It all comes down to how skillful you are cleaning the heat surfaces and applying just the right amount of thermal compound.

You can google that kind of info and there are several tutorials and different methods for applying the thermal compound.

If you do not do just the perfect job of cleaning the heat surfaces/applying the thermal compound, the fans will rev up under load, as the processor generates heat.

You will also find that installing the processor in your dc5700 will be a somewhat different approach.

The pins are on the motherboard, not the processor, like how the pins are on the processor is for the d530.

You may want to read up on that too...

HP Recommended

Perfect.

HP Recommended

Wish me luck

HP Recommended

Please post back and let us know how your processor upgrades went.

As long as you are diligent with making sure the heat surfaces are clean and lint free, and you properly applied the thermal compound, you should be just fine.

With the dc5700, re-tighten the heat sink screws in an X-pattern, and evenly tighten the screws down a little at a time until they are tight.  Not gorilla tight, but tight.

Some folks advise when you go to install the heat sinks, to kind of twist them  a little bit over the processor surface to spread the thermal paste before securing them.

HP Recommended

I got it installed on the D530 all seems to be going ok. However it is not showing the change of processor in my computer - system information - general. Do I need to be updating something? driver etc?

HP Recommended

Hi:

In the BIOS's system information window, you should be seeing the 3.2 GHz processor listed running at 800 Mhz.

There should also be a Hypertheading enable/disable option in the BIOS.

I just don't remember where the setting is.

HP Recommended

The processor upgrades and adding memory were a snap. Both computers seem to be running just fine. Have not yet been able to figure out how to check the bios on either computer yet to make sure all is well.

HP Recommended

That is great news.

The processor info should be listed on the system information page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.