Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-In-One 24-e027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

Microprocessor: AMD A9-9400 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G   (2.4GHZ)

System Memory: 8GB

Memory Slot 1: 8GB  Samsung 2400MHz

System Board: 8381 1000

System BIOS: F.20

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, I was installing a BIOS update when I noticed a warning. I'm concerned about this sentence, "Updating the TPM firmware while the drive is encrypted will result in data loss.". If I continue the update, will I lose my personal data, like pictures, videos, and documents? I just want to make sure, thank you!

image.png

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you take a back up of the data you have on the computer before doing the BIOS update. However, usually your data should not be affected when you update the BIOS, but it is always better to take a backup.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you take a back up of the data you have on the computer before doing the BIOS update. However, usually your data should not be affected when you update the BIOS, but it is always better to take a backup.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Alrighty, thanks for letting me know! Have a good day!

HP Recommended

@ElijahHenry,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad the information provided was helpful. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance. We'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.