Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pav 570-p022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi the product number of my computer is z7c76ea  willow 2 . Id like to talk about ram which is ddr4 udimm 288 pin pc4 2400t.17. 17. 17 . cas . 19200 unbuffered single channel . Here is the number hma81gu6afr8n uh no ac ua2-11 sk hynix 8gb 1rx8 ...  Can i use a duel channel  2400 -19200  with a different cas. I want to upgrade from 8gb to 16gb but cannot get another stick the same as above in the uk  . Will all ddr4  2400 -  19200  work ok  i can find  lots with this config but they all got lower cas latency.   kind regards kmn.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kevin621,

Your syntax and definition is slightly flawed.  :mansad:    So is your assumption.  :manlol:

I very easily found the 8GB or a new pair of TWO 8GB with the exact specifications (CL17) required of the HP 570-p022na in the U.K.  That unit does specify CL17.

https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/ram-memory-upgrades/desktop/hp/pavilion-570-p0-series/hp-pavili...

HP does specifically state a 16GB max.  (Two 8GB is my logic). 

Kingston stated Two 16GB, and so did Crucial.  Wonder who is right, but I digress.

@banhien,

BH, you did not miss the point.  You never got it.  His error,  not your's !!!:manhappy:

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@kevin621 wrote:

....  Can i use a duel channel  2400 -19200  with a different cas.                                                                                        

Hi,

The simple answer is no, you need SAME specs, other recommedation is SANE brand.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi i think yr missing my point if my machine was made for ram which is pc 2400-19200mbs 288 pin then the cas latencey can be lower so long as its 2400 -19200 mbs and if they both match . My  other point is it says clearley i can use duel ram aswell as single .Really whats getting at me is i can not get clear answer from hp about there own computers . And its driving me nutts . So hp why is it you dont put your own ram in your own computers . I have a feeling in my heart that ill never get to the bottom of this all i  want from hp is a clear and concice answer . but not this side of christmas Oh and talking christmas this computer is a birthday prezzi to myself . Not cool hp.REGARDS KMN.

HP Recommended

@kevin621,

Your syntax and definition is slightly flawed.  :mansad:    So is your assumption.  :manlol:

I very easily found the 8GB or a new pair of TWO 8GB with the exact specifications (CL17) required of the HP 570-p022na in the U.K.  That unit does specify CL17.

https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/ram-memory-upgrades/desktop/hp/pavilion-570-p0-series/hp-pavili...

HP does specifically state a 16GB max.  (Two 8GB is my logic). 

Kingston stated Two 16GB, and so did Crucial.  Wonder who is right, but I digress.

@banhien,

BH, you did not miss the point.  You never got it.  His error,  not your's !!!:manhappy:

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@kevin621

In the past, HP recommended and stated to use matching dimms with the same CAS latency and speeds. While BIOS compatibility with different dimms speeds has improved, there is no guarantee that mixing dimms will work and be stable.  HP doesn't publish a Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for memory dimms being made by different manufacturers as motherboard manufacturers do and even then intermixing dimms is not recommended. When going from single channel mode to dual mode it's recommended that you use the same matching dimms as memory timings and compatibility becomes even more critical.

You might be able to get different CAS dimms to work but it's not the recommended method to increasing memory.  I am fairly certain that you will find similar statements on other forums and from motherboard manufacturers.

Know what the return policy is before you buy.

@banhien@wb2001 

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi big dave .I have Built a few computers myself i know that a+b cas latency dont work .my ram at the moment is pc4 2400 17 17 17 -19200mb/s ddr4 2400 udimm 288 pin my computer supports upto 16gb 2x8gb unbuffered 64 bit computer . all i want to know is what ram a=a sticks at 2400-19200mb/s can i use alower latency than ive got because i can-not for the love of god find another hynix hma81gu6afr8n  ddr4 single channel 288 pin 8gb 1rx8 pc4-2400t-uaz-11 uh no ac . Tell the truth i should have seen thiss coming .You buy a new shiny computer and they dont tell you that getting a matching stick in the uk is near imossible so now its all down to that cas latency 2xsticks a=a 2400 19200 duel or single ddr4 udimms i can get loads of those in the uk . best  regards kmn.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir you little diamond you found what i could not bless you and thankyou for puting me in just the right spot just what i was saying all along ask the question and someone will understand ive made a note of the site on my computer as soon as ive raised the rest of my funds i shall get my 2x8gb=16gb as stated as being the max for my system once i have them i can put up for offer the 1x8gb stick that i have to someone who needs a matching pair . best regards kmn.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.