Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pro desk 600 g1 twr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi folks so i have always used laptops but my Mrs is always on our so i decided to go back in time and get a desktop PC for the usual browsing etc i have the hp pro desk 600 g1 twr and i have a problem the computer came with one 4gb ram stick and i'm having trouble opening more than 3 maybe 4 web pages is this due to the fact of the low ram i have and sometimes my computer would really struggle loading web pages i have my desktop linked to a rj-45 Ethernet cable  if so what's the recommended GB for a web browser i have windows 10 installed thanks if you can email me back that would be great thanks [edit]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
it seems difficult to me to affirm so well the case ..
It depends on what exactly happens .. go, it is indeed very little under windows 10 depending on the use ..
We do not know your internet connection, what is normally the speed.
If the other computers have no problem with internet, indeed the memory can be insufficient
it should have the product number of this pc, I have for example this link, but I can not know if it is this type of model:

HP ProDesk 600 G1 Tower PC Product Specifications

8 GB would be sufficient for certain spots, but for a comfort of use 16 GB, it is preferable!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

hi thanks for the reply back yes it is the hp pro desk 600 g1 twr 

HP Recommended

Ok, so you have this :

HP ProDesk 600 G1 Tower HP ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor Maintenance and Service Guide

Hardware Reference Guide

Illustrated Parts & Service Map - HP ProDesk 600 G1 - Tower

and can try scan here :

Welcome to Crucial USA

So you can try 8 go first , and if need later 16 go

please mark the answer if it is appropriate

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.