Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
236B5AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought 2 corsair 16GB 3200MHz ddr4. Thus, now I have 2 8GB and 2 16GB ram on my desktop. When I add them to 30L, find that my ram frequency drops from 3200MHz to 2133MHz. By the way, I use i5-10600k CPU. How can I deal with it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@shallowdream 

This is a known problem. You have to use same existing RAM specs.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's a problem HP intentionally created by blocking BIOS controls. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to run at 3200 using XTU.

They created it and offer no solution.  You don't own your machine, they do. If not, give us a fix. It's RAM in a gaming PC, it's meant to be updated without proprietary modules and BIOS lockdowns. In the utmost irony, the Omen has a glass quick removal case.. screaming. Hey I'm super accessible for swaps except you can't because you don't own me. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.