Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-xa0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The keyboard that came with this computer looks very smart, but does not suit my rather large fingers. Is there a way to just change the nice shiny white keyboard with another of my own choosing. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
you can use any keyboard, usb ..
What is your problem, do you think it is not possible?
Just one thing, some models have the receiver hidden somewhere, it may not be possible to replace it.
It will therefore be necessary to use a usb port, free for the receiver

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion 24 all-in-one- xa0xxx. The Keyboard came with the system. It seems to be blue toothed into the computer with no separate USB port. The mouse that came with it does have a separate USB to fit in the rear of the computer. 

I have had computers for around 20 years so normally no problem. But they have all either plugged into the computer or are wireless using the usual USB. 

With this one, as I dislike the keyboard wish to unpair the keyboard from the system and get a standard wireless keyboard that I can use a USB socket on the rear. Is there a way to unpair it, or do I just plug a USB in and pair it from there? 

Thanks for the help 

Steve 

HP Recommended

I seem to have found the answer to my own problem. After a lot of searching, I have found the way to unpair the keyboard and mouse. I have sent for a suitable keyboard and should sort it this weekend. 

Hopefully. 

I will update in a few days if I get it sorted out.

Cheers all, Steve 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I was not present on the forum
So yes, no worries!
Having said that, you are giving me the info for a series of computers, not the exact model as requested!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies. The model is DESKTOP-864DQTB 

I eventually sorted it. My own stupid fault. Because it was an all in one, I made an assumption that the keyboard and mouse that came with it had to stay. But I have found the place that lets me unpair the keyboard, and I have just plugged the one I have now, and no problem.

So thanks for the interest, but it is now sorted.

Steve 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.