Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC

I bought a new motherboard for my HP 8200 elite CMT and trying to get it to boot but having problems with error when i try to load windows 7 pro 64 bit. I formatted and cleaned the drives using diskpart and when i tried to install OS it came up. Windows could not update the computer boot configuration. I  checked the forum and though maybe the bios is too old as it's J01 v2.06. Here my problem the old chassis serial number is this 2ua21419rx and the chasis serial of the new motherboard 2UA1470SXP it doesn't come up in any search and i don't want to upgrade with the wrong bios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For the moment no way to access hp support
I doubt that a bios update is the solution.
I can't tell you what the problem is, because I don't understand very well with the translation, but I'm thinking more of a handling problem or something like that
I think @Paul_Tikkanen  might be able to help better here

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

please give more information, purchase link, other..
your reference does not give anything even by going through google

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

i purchased this motherboard from a person on ebay and i searched for part number 611835-001 and the sale said HP mother board for HP elite 8200 and it gives no reference to the chassis serial number. I got the serial number from the bios but when i search the HP site it does show up anywhere  https://www.ebay.ca/itm/124904626694

HP Recommended

hi

sorry, I don't understand if you have the motherboard that corresponds to the hp reference (ebay link?)

The listing you're looking for has ended.
indeed the hp reference we find this

611835-001
System board (motherboard) - For Convertible Minitower PC`s (Handel)

E6C84PAHP 8200E CMT i52500 500G 2.0G 27 PC
C7Y21PCHP 8280E CMT i52400 500G 4.0G 27 PC
A1Y17PAHP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC
A2J06ESHP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC
A2J15ESHP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC
A2J16ESHP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower

You have bought a second-hand motherboard, we do not know if it is functional, in this case, the bios update may be useless?
What exactly is the problem with the installation, error, but what type, what message?

(note)  I don't have access to hp support at the moment

This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

yes i got the motherboard and indeed the part number is correct. I installed it and went in to the setup to find the serial number of the motherboard. I wanted to get the drivers for windows 7 to install them on this computer and later upgrade to windows 10. I searched the HP support site with that chassis serial number from the bios but found nothing. Im trying to install windows 7 at the moment but can't get around the EFI boot system. The error i get is windows cannot update computers boot configuration. I formatted the hard drive with ntfs with diskpart but windows will not install...i know i'm doing something wrong but i can figure it out

HP Recommended

For the moment no way to access hp support
I doubt that a bios update is the solution.
I can't tell you what the problem is, because I don't understand very well with the translation, but I'm thinking more of a handling problem or something like that
I think @Paul_Tikkanen  might be able to help better here

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

ok thanks, i finally did get windows 7 installed and i'm thinking my windows cd was corrupt??? not sure i used another cd and it installed fine. Im still not sure of all the settings here in the bios..i may want to use efi at some point as i want to use this computer as raid storage so i'll have to do some digging to complete this. i'm wondering if the drivers for my old motherboard are the same but i can't find this motherboard on the system...illl keep you posted

HP Recommended

hi

try this

Find your drivers. Analyze your PC and your blue screens.

you may have different information, driver updates

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

tks i will try this and get back to you...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.