Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
875-1017nc(7QD68EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
Normally you can only install what is mentioned, and there is actually just this:

• TDP: up to 95 W
  • Socket type: LGA1151
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    Intel Core i9 9900K 3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.0 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    95 W
    Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    95 W
    Intel Core i5 9600K 3.7 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 9 MB cache, Hexa core (Coffee Lake-R)
    95 W

Shire motherboard specifications.

It is not possible to say that it will work
the motherboards are not exactly the same as if purchased separately, they can therefore be different, and therefore do not have the same possibilities!
That being said, given the configuration of this computer

Intel Core i9 9900K

HyperX 32 GB

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11 GB)

1 TB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State

I don't see what you will gain from it, especially for the cost of this proc, and the risk of it not working, better drop this idea!

If with this configuration the computer is not efficient enough, you may have a problem !!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I don't see what you will gain from it, especially for the cost of this proc, and the risk of it not working, better drop this idea! -

? I don't understand this question and why you wrote this. I OWN i9-9900KS CPU AND I WANT TO USE IT........ So, I will buy this machine and test it.. Even the cheap Z390 mainboards are able to handle 9900K/KS without issues. 

If with this configuration the computer is not efficient enough, you may have a problem !! -

I don't have a problem. Because HP is saying that this machine is upgradable. So the customer looking forward to compatability in future.

So If you are EXPERT mr.Prométhée, you should learn something abou Z390 chipset. 🙂 

Thank you. I didn't find answer here.

HP Recommended

I think indeed that we did not understand each other
You, did not mention it seems to me that you had this processor, and not yet the computer
So, I say it again, no matter what the z390 can handle, here you have an HP motherboard, not a commercial motherboard.
Sometimes indeed, certain processors, not mentioned can work, but more often it is necessary to stick to what is indicated compatible by HP.
We have exactly the same problems with the memory for some models, not everything is compatible, even if this is normally managed by the processor.
After sorry, this is just a tip, I just don't see the utility ..
And be careful, because if you damage the computer by trying another processor on a brand new computer, the warranty can no longer be applied!

as you have also noticed:
OMEN by HP Obelisk 875-1017nc is default loaded in this config with i9-9900K - 95W

Processor upgrade information

TDP: up to 95 W

Socket type: LGA1151

hp indicates the max dtp of 95w here
 your processor except error:

127 W

But if it works all the better for you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@KT_Customs 

as @Prométhée said, your on your own attempting an non-certified CPU !    He told you the facts, "Sometimes indeed, certain processors, not mentioned can work, but more often it is necessary to stick to what is indicated compatible by HP".

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.