Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DjGeoX
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

unsupported cpu installed

HP Recommended

I have an HP p5 g5451sc PC with a Foxconn 2ABF motherboard. When I bought it it had the i3 2100 processor (socket 1155), these days I decided to upgrade it with an i5 2500k and the moment I start it with this process before the window opens "unsupported cpu instaled Pc will automatically power down in a few seconds. "If I press the f1 key at this time errors, my windows open normally and everything goes in normal parameters otherwise it closes itself. I want to specify that I have as a component: 1 ssd, 1 hdd, gt 730 2 gb video card 128 bit sddr3, dvd rw, and a 300w source (HP-d3006a0) What should I do to eliminate the so-called error?

Clipboard01.gif

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,890 4,824 534 2,089
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
the model should be confirmed
with what you indicated, I only find this:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-g5400-desktop-pc-series/5080749/model/5154276/troub...
Unfortunately the SSID of the motherboard is not given

Motherboard Specifications, (Cupertino)

but if it is correct it is mentioned:

• Socket type: LGA 1155
  • TDP: Max 65W
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    • Core i3-2xxx/T dual core
    • Core i3-2xxx dual core
    • Core i5-2xxx quad core
    • Core i7-2xxx quad core

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/fr/fr/ark/products/52210/intel-core-i5-2500k-processor-6m-cache-up...

your processor is therefore incompatible!

PDT 95 W

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation