Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion slimline S7320N media center pc
Microsoft Windows XP

I have a 2005 pavilion media center edition S7320N slim line desktop. I would like to update the bios from the original;: American Megatrends Inc. 3.06 10/28/2005. to a newer edition in order to install a new Nvidia GT100 video card to run the media center function better with newer videos and newer games. Does anyone here in the community have a like to a bios update for these 7300 7400 75007600 and 7700 series slimlines ?my S7727C is an 06 and it is running windows vista ultimate with media center. i tried that bios update but not compatable. when i install the PCI GT100 card and re start the computer, i get the message "you must update you bios in order to run this video card " and then it shuts down . It runs fine in my S7727C, but it has a newer BIOS installed than the media center unit . Any help would be appreciated greatly ! thank you all in advance . Bill !

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@billhuffsr654, welcome to the forum.

Your model has been retired for several years.  Once a computer model is retired HP has no support after 5 years.  The only BIOS updates that will work in your motherboard are those developed by HP and there are none available on HP's website.  I wish I had better news for you.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I realize that this moel and my S7727C model have been retired for a few years now, but i also know as a person who has been building computers and renovating antique systems fo many years that 99% of the the time, someone somehwhere has saved updates or download files for things like BIOS and other important downloads and updates for future reference as they had a machine they kept running and thought "someday i will need to re-install this to keep my machine working " , as i have done for the past 20+ years also . I have software and hardware files/downloads going back to comadore 164 operating systems and hardware drivers as well as most all microsoft files starting with Dos . I saved the BIOS update download files for my 2005 S7727C hp and was able to install it and that machine works fine with the updgraded video card installed in it 2 years ago. But i recently aquired this unit S7320N and HP sent me the original software package for windows media center edition 2005 to restore it to it's original OEM configuration for free. That was why i asked if anyone might have the BIOS update saved for this unit. thanks again for your reply. i will find a video card that will work for me somewhere that doesn't need a BIOS update. Bill Huff Sr.

HP Recommended

for further review: i went to Asustek, the manufactiirer of the board in this HP slimline pavilion S7320N, gave thenm the serial number and model and they came up with an archived BIOS upgrade that they used in late 2005 models using thier boards.

the version the sent the link for was American megatrends Inc. ver:4.09 06/20.2009. Now the video in media center and You Tube  works as it was intended to ,and i put in the nvidia board and things are up to parr all around now.

Again, thank you for your advise, and yes i knew when i posted the original message that HP had stopped support on these years ago, but i also knew persistance would likely win out somehow in the end . thanks again ! Billhuffsr654

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, @billhuffsr654.  We always appreciate hearing when a member is inovative.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.