Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

upgrade MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) mobo with usb3.0 card

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150f Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded my HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150f Desktop PC with the MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) mobo to Win 10 and maxed out the memory. I would like to upgrade the usb speed with a PCIe x1 v2.0 to usb 3.0 card. I tried a visiontek one and when i cranked the pc all of my usb ports did not work and i had no mouse or keyboard. I had to boot up on safe mode, uninstall the card in device manager, power down and remove the card to get my onboard usb ports to work. I need to know if a PCIe x1 v2.0 to usb 3.0 card will work, which one, and installation instructions. Will my mobo support this and how?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9,683 9,597 898 2,611
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

upgrade MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) mobo with usb3.0 card

Yes a card to give USB 3.0 ports should work.  Ypu might need to use a different PCIExpress port that the one you used , if that is what the visontek used,

Here are som to choose from

https://www.amazon.com/Express-Expansion-Controller-Rosewill-RC-508/dp/B011LZY20G

If you do not like the Rosewell, there are several others on that page, too.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation