Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming 790-050 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

This computer came with the Intel Optane memory and hard drive.  Is it possible to switch to an SDD and if so, what type should I get that works? I tried looking at the HP product specs, but having trouble with that link. 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has the Berks motherboard, which supports a NVMe M.2 SSD.

HP Pavilion Gaming 790-0050xt CTO Product Information | HP® Customer Support

Here is a related discussion.

Solved: Can I install a WD Black SN750 SSD, 500 GB into my Envy 795-... - HP Support Community - 808...

I recommend this NVMe SSD for your PC...

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with...

Before swapping out the Optane memory for a NVMe SSD, read the last two sections at the link below for how to first disable the Intel Optane memory in the BIOS (if applicable), and in the Intel RST software.

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC has the Berks motherboard, which supports a NVMe M.2 SSD.

HP Pavilion Gaming 790-0050xt CTO Product Information | HP® Customer Support

Here is a related discussion.

Solved: Can I install a WD Black SN750 SSD, 500 GB into my Envy 795-... - HP Support Community - 808...

I recommend this NVMe SSD for your PC...

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with...

Before swapping out the Optane memory for a NVMe SSD, read the last two sections at the link below for how to first disable the Intel Optane memory in the BIOS (if applicable), and in the Intel RST software.

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you !

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.