Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6300 Small Form Factor PC (ENERGY STAR)
Ubuntu LTS

i am looking for the QVL(Qualified Vendor List - which is a list of hardware that has been tested for compatability for any part - in my case, the motherboard/memor) list for my motherboard 339A, serial number [personal info removed].
Why is info not readily accessible, so I at least have a start with a checklist?
I am ready to buy some memory CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10R Corsair Vengeance RAM: 1866Mhz in XMP or 1333mhz in SPD; set 32gb (4x8gb) 
I want to see if it is compatible with my hardware. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer-to-peer forum.  We don't work for or represent HP, so no one here would be able to answer your question.

The only memory part numbers that HP provides are what were originally offered in the model series, which you can find at the link below.

Gadgets SFF IPSM_Win8_690364-002.fm (hp.com)

Memory modules (PC3-12800, CL11)
* 8-GB   689375-001
* 4-GB   671613-001
* 2-GB   671612-001

I would not recommend buying the memory you have picked out.

For one thing the memory will only run at a max speed of 1600 MHz, so an 1866 MHz chip will bridge to a slower speed.

This is the aftermarket memory that Crucial recommends for your PC.

That's what I would recommend.

HP - Compaq HP Pro 6300 Small Form Factor | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Thanks so much, @Paul_Tikkanen. Sorry if I came across bluntly. I appreciate community and peers helping each other out.

I need to get 4x8gb for web development work. Unfortunately what Crucial is publicly offering is a set of 2x8gb.  I'll try calling them tomorrow and see if they actually do have 4x8 sets, and maybe they will help me find an alternative manufacturer if they don't.

Have a great morning/day/evening!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be able to either buy 2 sets of 8 GB or 4 x 8 GB individual sticks.

You can get it on Amazon too.

I used the same memory in my Dell Optiplex 7020 PC which uses the same DDR3L-1600 memory.

Works great.

16 GB kit

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 UDIMM | CT2K102464BD160B | Crucial EU

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 UDIMM | CT102464BD160B | Crucial EU

16 GB kit on Amazon.nl

Crucial CT2K102464BD160B Geheugen Kit, 16 GB (8 GB x 2), DDR3L, 1600 Mt/s, PC3L-12800, DIMM, 240-Pin...

8 GB chip on Amazon.nl

Crucial CT102464BD160B 8GB geheugen (DDR3L, 1600 MT/s, PC3L-12800, DIMM, 240-Pin) : Amazon.nl: Elekt...

It looks to be less expensive to buy 4 x 8 GB individually on Amazon than any of the other options.

You have a great evening too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.